Friday, January 23, 2009

Lisa and her walker

Well I feel like I've aged incredibly with this accident. I feel like an old lady hobbling around with this silly walker. Brett attached a couple baskets to the front so I could carry things around the house. I also got a handy picker upper stick so I could pick things up off the ground without having to bend over too much. The hardest thing is not being able to pick up the baby and take care of her. I also can't keep up with our 2 yr old Allden, I can't drive. Moving from place to place is painful. I have definately learned patience. I have been blessed with wonderful family and ward members who have helped out with kids and meals during this trial. I also appreciate my wonderful husband who has had to play "Mr. Mom" through this ordeal.
As I'm writing this I am doing much better and able to walk on my own with a limp. It is still a little painful to walk and certain things really hurt but I'm healing faster than I thought and appreciate all the prayers and support for me and my family. Hopefully I'll be back to 100% in a couple weeks.

2 comments:

Jazmomof4 said...

I love the baskets - what a cool idea! We hope you have a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I am so sorry to hear about your accident! I know how old a walker, canes, and wheelchairs can make you feel. I was 65 when I had my knees replaced last year (both at one time) and I felt like I was 95!!! Good to hear from you and keep up with what your family has been doing this past year. I am enjoying retirement, although keeping busy. We got our summer home finished in Indiana last summer and look forward to going to a finished home this spring to help my Mom (88) & Dad (91 this past Jan 27th)with their summer projects and huge garden and all the home improvement projects that they save for our arrival. Besides it is a blizzard back there right now! Tried to get them to come with us, but they did not want to leave "home".

Take care and get well soon!

E-mail me sometime: sherrycourtney@cox.net