Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lisa's Bicycle Accident

Saturday afternoon I went on a bike ride with my parents and a group of people and we were just cruisin along about 20+ miles an hour until I hit a rough road and the bike slipped out from under me and I hit the road hard! Ouch! I was in shock and shaking I had blood pouring out of my arm. I thought I was ok until I stood up and couldn't. They took me to urgent care for X-rays and then sent me to the E.R. for further check ups.
Here is the machine I went in before my X-ray. This was very painful to get rolled onto that bed. They found out I broke my pelvis and admitted me to the hospital! Ugh! I was so depressed and in pain. It will be a painful and long recovery but I'll get through it. I have a wonderful family support group who has been rallying around me and helping out with the kiddos!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

This certainly plays on your blog title of having adventures!

I was sorry to hear about your mishap, but it sounds like you're being taken care of. Hang in there! :)

Whitny said...

YOur arm looks awesome. Totally cool owie. I am so sad for you. I am glad to help. Your kids are great. and we are going to have a good time. Get well soon.

Jazmomof4 said...

Wow, you had a doosie! That stinks, I hope you feel better soon!

Anndee said...

Yikes! That sounds painful! I hope you have a fast recovery!

kvhawker said...

We are so sorry to see your big oowie's! We are praying that your recovery will be swift and easy? Well, maybe not easy, but as good as possible!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sounds like an understatement. Hope you are getting better.
Uncle Danny