Sunday, August 9, 2009

Arenal to MonteVerde

Thursday July 16 we headed out after a typical Costa Rican breakfast and got to Monteverde around 12:00 we had lunch at a nice restaurant and then went to the La Selvatura zip lines. The drive was beautiful even though we had lots of dirt roads. Pictures don't do this place justice! This drive was the most scenic drive of our trip!I love all the green and the mountains it reminded me a little of Switzerland. We got to go on a special zipline tour with only the 2 of us so it only took 1 hour. So Aaron and Christen went first and then came back and watched the baby so we could go on the tour. It only took an hour since it was just the 2 of us. It was amazing! The tarzan swing was really scary I screamed really loud it was like bungee jumping and I was so scared I almost didn’t want to do it but I’m glad I did. We all had a fun time! The last zip line was 1 km long and we got to ride it together. We felt like birds flying over the jungle, it was really fun! The ziplines are amazing! What a fun day!
We had to still drive all the way down to Manuel Antonio for the night. We ate dinner on the way down in Jaco at a nice Mexican restaurant. We stayed in a hotel called Mimo’s it was a nice place in Quepos which is pretty close to Manuel Antonio.

No comments: