Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby Alydia has arrived!




The big day has arrived and Alydia Kayleen Buyack has finally joined our family! She was born this morning 10-28-08 at 9:24am. She weighed 7lbs 13oz and 19 inches long. She was delivered by Dr. Eric Hazelrigg at the new Banner Gateway hospital. I had a scheduled induction and went in at 9pm on Monday night the 27th. They checked me into my room and hooked me up to the IV with saline and my antibiotics then gave me a small portion of pitosson. I tried to sleep a little and Brett tried to sleep on the couch but neither of us got much sleep. Harder contractions started to kick in around 6am. My mom arrived at the hospital around 7:45 just as I was getting my epidural. I was now dialated to a 7. I had to get the epidural twice because she couldn’t get it in right the first time….I was so mad! I wondered if I should have just gone natural that really hurts! Then it started working and I didn’t feel any pain and my legs were completely numb. The doctor came in and broke my water so things would progress. Soon the nurse checked me again and I was a 9. Then I started to feel a lot of pressure and the baby’s head was crowning! Hurry doctor! He ran in putting on his mask just in time to get the baby’s head out. I barely pushed once and the rest of the baby came out. That was easy! They put the baby up on my chest and Brett cut the cord. Wow! I can’t believe she is here! What a beautiful baby girl.

This is my big belly 1 day before delivery!

The kids were so excited to see the new baby! Now we just need to teach them to all be gentle, especially Allden!

6 comments:

Christen & Aaron said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a handsome family!! And what a beautiful addition!

Lindsey said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm happy to hear that all the labor and delivery went well and relatively quickly at the end.

How do you pronounce her name? Ah-LIH-dee-ah or Ah-LIE-dee-ah?

Anonymous said...

Pronounced Ah-LIH-dee-ah (The idea was Lydia with an A at the front)... although it may just get shortened to Liddy.

Van Cott Family said...

Congratulations! I was going to call to see how things were going, so glad to see the news on your blog! and cute name, was that a list minute selection? I don't remember it in the running.
--Julie

Van Cott Family said...

I meant LAST MINUTE --oops!
--Julie